RMG Small Ball League & Programs - 2nd/3rd grade
Smal Ball Spring Travel Prep & Tournament Sun 4/14 - 5/19
Sunday skill development program with players drafted onto team for a tournament on the final weekend. Separate program for 2nd and 3rd grade players. Register early. Space is limited
WINTER 2013 Small Ball League
Congratulations to every single team on a terrific effort in the playoffs! There wasn't a dull moment. Quincy and I couldn't have had more fun coaching the games and we are so proud of the progress all the players have made over the course of the season.
North Shore Country Day School won back to back games for the school's first Championship in Small Ball history!
In the 3rd grade division, the Mixed Stars came into the playoffs hungry after finishing 2nd in the fall session and pulled out two impressive victories vs. Middlefork and then St. Francis in the Championship Game.
Small Ball 2013 All-Star Teams
2nd Grade Division: Jack Baker, Ryan Banas, Jack Fitzgerald, Quinn Foley, Evan Fortier, Ben Moser, Jackson Ochsenhirt, Johnathan Pappas, Cole Sabia, Tyler Van Gorp
LEAGUE MVP: Buckley Oelerich
3rd Grade Division: Ethan Boehm, Davis Chatterton, Billy Kotin, Luke Madigan, Ciaran O'brien, Chapman Peterson, John Phillips, Campbell Prawdzik, Connor Smyth, Connor Yeoman
LEAGUE MVP: Nick Potter
If you want your son to get a headstart in hoops and learn the game from the best coaches around this is the league to join.
- Games Sunday January 13th - February 24th
- 7 weeks of league play with one practice per week. Week 7 will be playoffs.
- Divisions for 2nd Grade and 3rd Grade
- Limit 10 teams if 1 division or 6 teams per division if 2nd and 3rd division
- Games played on 10ft Hoops with 28.5 basketballs
- 16 minute halves, stop clock last two minutes
- Teams represent schools or players register individually and assigned to team by RMG
- IHSA referees
- Multiple Venues including North Shore Country Day and Hyde Park Day School
- Every team makes playoffs, medals awarded to Champions
- All-star team named at conclusion of playoffs
- Teams will only play other teams in their division. We request a parent assistant coach volunteer for each team, but this season RMG will handle as much of the coaching responsibilities as possible at both practices and games. In the event of occassional scheduling overlap the parent assistant may have to handle a game or two during the season.
Players may form their own teams and most teams represent a school. In past years we have had teams from Crow Island, Sears, Sacred Heart, Faith Hope, St. Francis, Greeley, Middlefork, Hubbard Woods and others. Players may also register individually if unable to form a complete team. RMG may assign individual players to teams as needed.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We will cap each division at 6 teams so please regsiter your team early and don't miss out on the most fun and educational hoops experience available anywhere for beginning players.